RE: Cisco icons for Dia (still very much alive)

Well, the short answer is that Cisco released some new icons yesterday and I haven't caught up yet.

I am in the process of converting the March 2003 Cisco PowerPoint colour icon set to Dia shapes. They're all done, and people are successfully using them, but there are still a number of bugs - particularly when printed (the lines come out too thick) - so I consider my version to still be in beta.

My intention is that these should be a drop-in replacement for the black and white set.

There are around 10 new icons in yesterday's release (and a couple of changes - the new cellphone icon is much nicer), and I will add them to my set shortly. I'm hoping they will all be finished by the end of August. Note that Cisco's own set isn't consistent across different formats.

And no, I've certainly not reached the point where I can convert anything Visio directly to Dia - my current route is to print to a PostScript file, then convert that to SVG. Anyone who needs this done is welcome to ask.

Those who wish to beta test the colour set are welcome at http://public.logicacmg/~redferni/dia - comments always welcome.

Thanks,
Ian Redfern.