Re: some sheets.in.h inconsistencies

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:04:53 -0500
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: some sheets.in.h inconsistencies
>
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

> >> Verbose, but ten words or less?
> >
> > Umm, silly me, doh!  I was going to say twenty words, but my point is
> > that it does have to be limited.  Verbose, but I intend to show the
> > description in the status bar and you dont want tooltips are too wide to
> > fit on screen.  I dont know if Gnome supports multiline tooltips (or if
> > multiline tooltips are necessarily a good idea).
>
> Gtk2 wraps tooltips, look at the tooltips for the color area in CVS.  And
> yes, you can embed newlines in them.  You don't seem to be able to add
> markup, though:(

If GTK wraps them then newlines shouldnt be necessary.  Markup embedded in
strings messes with translation.

> I'm still divided between using 'A Something' or just 'Something', but
> 'Create a something' is right out.

Give me a bit a of time to think about this (and compare to other
appplications) and I think I can come up with something reasonable and
consistant.

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/