Re: some sheets.in.h inconsistencies

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:33:21 -0500, Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
> > I'm still divided between using 'A Something' or just 'Something', but
> > 'Create a something' is right out.
>
> Keeping up my fine tradition of answering myself, I found the previous
> thread:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2002-December/msg00103.html
> Also talks about capitalization, which we should probably standardize at
> the same time.
>
> Not that that thread answers the question of using pronouns or not.

Ah, finally, a bike shed.

I think you mean "articles", not "pronouns"?  Predominate practice seems
sensible to me, fwiw: no articles.  I don't see that "a button" is any
clearer or more informative than "button", and istm "a button" is slightly
distracting.

For support, I'll rely on an analogy: the old "Man Bites Dog" headline.
Nothing would be added if it were rendered "A Man Bites a Dog".  Less is
more.

Regards,

--jkl