Re: win32 version

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Rohan Pall wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:41:47 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Rohan Pall <rohan@rohanpall.com>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: win32 version
>

> Damn straight, it rocks!  Couldn't believe that it works so great ;>

Flattery will get you everwhere, thank Hans Brauer he did the windows port
of Dia and he has to put up with all the complaints from windows users, so
i am sure he appreciates being thanked every now and agian.

> Did get a dos box popping up with 'syntax error' but what ever.

It annoys me too.
The FAQ explain this,
Dia expects MS Windows to tell it where your
userprofile/home directory is but older versions of windows do not give
this information.

The installer includes a hack to workaround this, which i think is less
than ideal but i am not allowed complain about it or i will probably be
told to shut up and fix it myself and start providing Windows Binaries
(they did not like the way i suggested to fix it and compiling Dia on
windows is quite complicated).

Maybe you will stick around and provide some examples or draw some shapes
of your own for Dia?

> Take care dudes
> Ro

Later
Alan

PS if you are intersted in Open Source software this is a pretty cool Zip
program.  I only just found out about it today on Slashdot.org and it is
one of the few open source zip programs i have seen and
easily the nicest looking.  http://www.bytamin-c.com/Source/
Maybe take a look at Abiword too, http://abisource.com