Re: EPS export

Le Tue, Sep 24, 2002, à 11:30:52AM -0400, Alan G Isaac a écrit:
> So far I am pretty happy with the EPS export.
> The EPS files are relatively transparent.
>
> One problem:
> GhostScript 7.03 does not like having the
> DSC comment %%Pages without having a
> corresponding %%Page comment.
> I think this is right.

> But more to the point, for an EPS file I
> believe the convention is to set
> %%Pages 0 (rather than 1).
> (See p.43 of the DSC spec.)

Is this spec downloadable somewhere?

To summarise, you would like the DSC header in EPS to mention "%%Pages 0"
rather than "%%Pages 1", and the DSC header in PS to provide both "%%Pages
<total>" and one "%%Page <num>" per page. Is this correct?

> PS Is there any real reason not to use
> the 'selectfont' operator?

Is this related to 0.90, or to CVS ? The CVS version produces arguably
heterodox Postscript, because at the moment font matching between screen and
postscript output in Pango is a problem of the
crash-your-head-repeatedly-on-the-wall sort, and this was the simplest way
out. We plan to improve this as time permits and Pango/FreeType/? matures.