Re[2]: EPS export

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:39:42 +0200 Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org> wrote:
> Is this spec downloadable somewhere?

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/technotes/postscript.html
See Technical Notes 5001 (p.43) and especially 5002.

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:39:42 +0200 Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org> wrote:
> To summarise, you would like the DSC header in EPS to mention "%%Pages 0"
> rather than "%%Pages 1", and the DSC header in PS to provide both "%%Pages
> <total>" and one "%%Page <num>" per page. Is this correct?

Correct for PS.
If the %%Pages: comment must be included in the EPS file,
then correct there too.  But I would prefer to just leave
it out of the EPS file.

> Le Tue, Sep 24, 2002, à 11:30:52AM -0400, Alan G Isaac a écrit:
>> PS Is there any real reason not to use
>> the 'selectfont' operator?

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:39:42 +0200 Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org> wrote:
> Is this related to 0.90, or to CVS?

I have no idea.  I am just observing that selectfont is
considered more efficient than the older findfont,
scalefont, setfont combination.  The EPS files produced
by Dia use the latter.

Cheers,
Alan

PS I will copy you on a query to the PostScript users group,
since I find a little ambiguity in the specs about the
%%Pages: comment.