Re: 2-D CAD/CAM

On 23 Sep 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 23 Sep 2002 10:51:03 -0500
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: 2-D CAD/CAM
>
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:
> >
> > below is a response to a message on the Sodipodi list
> > As Dia is more design oriented than sodipodi i was surprised that he had
> > not even considered Dia
> >
> > I was thinking maybe i will have time to produce more shapes soon.
>
> If you feel like making slightly less serious shapes, I was thinking about
> maps shapes (interstate, highway etc) and military shapes
> (infantry/tank/artillery etc).

Ooh Tanks, got any example bitmaps?  Ill get drawing today and tommorow.

I have been thinking about doing map shapes but i think i need to be able
to click objects to objects (rather than using just grid alignment) before
i could do nicely tiled maps.  (i have not given this a lot of thought, i
just dont immediately see how i could produce really nice maps in Dia).

I hope to get a demo copy of Visio in the next day or two so i will be
able to study the inteface and provide some example files.
Do we have anywhere to store files?  an archive/gallery or do we just
attach files to bug reports?

Later
Alan