Re: Python scripts

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:34:24 +0100 (BST)
 Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote:

> Definately try looking at the mailing list archives, see
> the links at the
> bottom of this mail.

Please admit: there is nothing really usefull that has been
discussed on the mailing list.

> I have not tried to use the Python code myself but there
> are some quirks
> and well known problems with getting it to work.
>
> If read the documentation (if any) and search the
> archives for information
> and then come back with a more specific question you will
> probably get a
> more helpful response.

Hans Breuer says on his web page that indeed there is
almost NO documentation for python support.

> Later
> Alan

Through trial and error I discovered that:

startup files must be in the directory $(HOME)/.dia/python

Is there any interactive python terminal in dia?

And how are dia objects mapped into Python objects?

Peter