Re: Scripting a drawing

On 2002.09.17 06:48 Alfred Heller wrote:
> Dear Lars
>

> I would like to read an argumentation tree from an XML file. Hence the
> individual arguments are rapped in tags e.g. <claim>The world is
> round.
> <argumentation>The diameter arround the whole world is differing
> 0.0001%
> only.</argumentation></claim> The XML file has a lot of such frases.
>
> Now I would like a tool to read the XML file and transform it in e.g.
> an
> UML diagram where "claim" would be the class name and the
> "argumentation" would be a data which evt. can be redriven by a method
> with name "GetArguments" that is inserted additionally to the data
> that
> comes from the XML file.
>
> Is this prossible with any Script-Diagramming combination from the
> Open
> Source community?

This is probably more low-level than what you want, but you could (in
theory at least), write a XSLT script to transform your XML file into
Dia XML, then use something like XT:

http://www.blnz.com/xt/index.html

or Xalan:

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/

to do the translation.

Depending on how elaborate your XSLT was, you might have to do some
considerable rearranging in Dia afterwords.

Andy