Re: simple rotate

> > If this is still so, how about implementing just some crude rotating in
> > steps of 90 degrees? This would actually render the shapes in the logic
> > sheet usable - now they are not (all pointing upwards).
> >
> > Would this be possible?
>
> It's not so much a problem of the rendering anymore (we have a bit of code
> to rotate text at an arbitrary angle), but how to structure the rotation

Part of the problem was that everytime this was suggested someone seemed
to think that being able to rotate text was important and ignored the
possibility of just doing shape rotation.  (should be some simple enough
matrix manipulation, i'm sure i have been forced to do this mathematical
transformation before at some point).

Simple shape rotation should be easy enough.  You might even be able to
grab some code from Kivio parts of which i think are GPL.  (actually maybe
Sodipodi would be a better place to look).

I would have sworn i filed a bug on this or commented on an existing
one but I am unable to find it.  (I cant find any bugs against Dia
relating to rotation (or rotate or turn) at all!).

> creation time, and there's a simple way to extend it to all.

Please make this stuff available in the next release, exclude the text
features if necessary but shape rotation itself is what is really useful.

Later
Alan