Re: UML module hackery

On 13 Nov 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> >> How would you distinguish autobreaking a line from simply moving it?
> >> This
> >
> > A "line" would be defined as a connection between two objects.  Well,
> > actually, there probably wouldn't be YA line_class, but rather an
> > "association" type class (base for everything else) which is defined by
> > the objects it connects and the intermediate points it traverses.
>
> We have a few superclasses for connection: Connection (single-segment line),
> PolyConn (multi-segment line), and BezierConn.  The PolyConn is different
> from the Connection mostly in that it manages an array of points instead of
> a fixed number.  So what you're thinking of sounds like the standard
> PolyLine.

Yup, it sounds like it.  Probably end up sub-classing all relationship types
off PolyConn or a Relations class which is parented to PolyConn.

> >> Good.  This is perfect for them, then.  Plenty of examples to learn
> >> from.
> >
> > "This is why you want to get out of IT and get a nice job, say, as a
> > crash-test dummy".  <grin>
>
> "Programming is like banging your head against a wall, only with less
> chance of reward." :)

I like "Programming is like trying to hammer a nail into a wall with your
forehead.  You may eventually get something productive done, but it causes
much pain and loss of blood."  Or words to that effect.

- Matt