Re: Noob testing on Win32....

> > Except I'm going to be missing stacks of libs.... no?
> We are building from scratch. libiconv does not need any other libs.
Are all the libs for the cross compiler included in the project files?

> > > Ahh, can you try installing the debian source packages under
> > gentoo?
> > > there must be way to convert, I will look into that.
> > Havn't a clue. I think their quite different, Gentoo uses BSD style
> > ports
> > called ebuilds rather than packages. Maybe I can install the debian
> > package manager but everything is probbaly going to be in the wrong
> > places.
> I have a create minimal standalone debian directory structure,
> you can use that to install into. just get dpkg and debhelpers running.
> it does not matter where the stuff is installed into,
> we use /usr/local/win32 as the root.
>
> > Gentoo is conforms to FSH 1.1 but not your standard RedHat
> > SystemV
> > stuff.
> Ok, I will alien the packages into targz.
>
> > you may have to give me links and help on the tools I've not used
> > before
> > (Like alien). In all it sounds like fun. Let me know.....
>
> ok, please try and get the debian tools running, maybe you can make a
> small debain partition?
Ok....
lets get this straight.... Am I testing this as a Gentoo user or a Gentoo
user running Debian? Am I going to be testing tar balls or debs? You
seemed to be leaning to the latter but I'm confuzed.
Once we have that straight where do I get the files and project docs (What
ever there are of them)?
Also there was mention of a testers/dev list that I should subscribe too...

  Nick