Re: Extra tools

I might draw them if you ask me nicely (especially if you make a small
donation or sponsorship).  I would need examples, screenshots
documentation or perhaps another program on which to base designs.  You
would have to file a request in Bugzilla.  http://bugzilla.gnome.org under
the Dia product section and the shapes component.  This help will remind
me to work on drawing these shapes for you, and it helps to know what
shapes people actually want so i am not just drawing pretty pictures for
my own amusement (although that is still a fairly nice way to spend my
time :)

I have been working on copying a bunch of shapes from Visio recently, but
unfortunately have several sheets that are half done.  I dont think i have
done any Pneumatics/Hydraulics.

I tend to take quite a while to make shapes, i get very meticulous about
how the icons look and usually end up drawing them pixel by pixel.  I also
spend an extensive amount of time editing the XML to get the shapes to
work.  The first set of shapes i drew are an assortment of simple
Geometric shapes and have been in CVS for ages*.

If you want something for personal/private use i can probably put
it together very quickly as i have a few ways to get shapes from other
programs converted to Dia shape format (it is still fairly tedious).
Usually i have do it the slow way and copy just by looking at examples,
as shapes grabbed from other programs or that risked infringing
copyright could not be included with Dia.

Is mise
Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org

* release early release often, go nuts provide nightly builds for
testers!!!  please, i hate compiling but i dont mind using unstable
bleedig edge software.