Re: What's the prerenderer do?

LC> I see why, that is a totally binary font, not just the normal Type1
LC> binary.  Can you send me the diagram you made and a pointer to the font?
LC> (I don't know how to do Japanese input).

Sure. you can get:
http://www.gnome.gr.jp/~tagoh/dia/dia_ft.dia

LC> I'm not sure I get what you're saying here.  Locale-specific fonts would
LC> always have to be embedded, but we can have documents that use both
LC> local embedded and non-embedded PS standard (13 latin-1) fonts.  Not sure
LC> what you mean by 'compound font'.

I mean standard font will be used for 7-bit characters like
ASCII and locale-specific font will be used for special
8-bit characters.

--
Akira TAGOH  : tagoh@gnome.gr.jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group
at@gclab.org : tagoh@gnome-db.org / GNOME-DB Project