Re: Conversion from CVS snapshot to released tarball?

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:30:39PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le Tue, Jun 25, 2002, à 06:26:17PM +0100, Andrew Ferrier a écrit:
>
> > Thanks for all the explanation. Sorry, really should probably
> > sit down and read automake/autoconf documentation sometime
> > soon, as only have a hazy understanding of how it all works.
> > Can anyone recommend a good introductory document?
>
> banging your head a dozen times on the manuals, with beer and rest between
> each reading pass, I'm afraid. I've heard about books at a famous
> O'something company, but I don't know how current they are.

Or you can go to

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/download.html

and download the text of "GNU autoconf, automake, and libtool"
by Gary Vaughan, et al.  It's really quite good, and the text is
under the Open Publication License. New Riders publishes the paperback
'real' book. It was published originally in October 2000, so it should
be relatively up to date.

Hope this helps!

Mike Scott

--
By doing just a little every day, you can gradually
let the task completely overwhelm you.