Re: Conversion from CVS snapshot to released tarball?

Le Tue, Jun 25, 2002, à 06:26:17PM +0100, Andrew Ferrier a écrit:

> > Currently, AUTHORS is only an EXTRA_DIST file; which means
> > "dead weight 'make dist' has to carry over for building a
> > tarball, but that's it".
>
> Right. I presume 'make install' from the tarball version will
> install AUTHORS (haven't tested this, will do in a second).

No, since it's only EXTRA_DIST, it's only copied in the dist'ed tarballs,
nothing else.

> Thanks for all the explanation. Sorry, really should probably
> sit down and read automake/autoconf documentation sometime
> soon, as only have a hazy understanding of how it all works.
> Can anyone recommend a good introductory document?

banging your head a dozen times on the manuals, with beer and rest between
each reading pass, I'm afraid. I've heard about books at a famous
O'something company, but I don't know how current they are.

Grumpf.