Re: XSLT translator

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 04:17:44PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> someone else recently did some very similar work and wrapped it up nicely
> to work as a plugin.  if i recall he did C++, Java and maybe something
> I dont know if is is in CVS yet.
>
> i think he was French
> ill will try and find a link for you, or maybe he will respond
>
> i think it would be great if you could combine your efforts and i would
> encourage you to get this included in dia rather than split off into a
> seperate projects (but that is just my personal opinion).
>

> On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, curt brune wrote:
>
> > Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:17:07 -0700
> > From: curt brune <curt@acm.org>
> > To: dia-list@gnome.org
> > Subject: XSLT translator
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wrote a simple XSLT translator to transform dia files into a family
> > of java classes.  From the project homepage -- http://www.cucy.net/diax/
> >
> >     A simple XSLT stylesheet that transforms a dia UML diagram into a
> >     series of java classes.  The package transforms a UML diagram
> >     intended as a database schema ( in the style of dia2sql.pl ) into
> >     a family of java classes that implement a "Data Access Object"
> >     pattern. This includes a factory class, data access classes and
> >     data object classes.
> >
> > I was working in java, trying to implement a Data Access Object design
> > pattern.  The pattern called for a family of related classes.  I also
> > wanted to use dia to create my database schema as a UML diagram --
> > dia2code was not giving me enough options, so I wrote diax.
> >
> > I hope others will find it useful as an example of translating dia
> > diagrams using XSLT.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Curt

I'm the one...
My patch didn't get included for gtk2 port reasons, but It works now.

I looked at 'diax' and it is really java oriented (requires ant, xerces
and xalan) and even oriented on this specific pattern.

curt, you could look at my patch and tell me how to refactorize it
(particularly dia-uml.xsl) to allow direct output to your stylesheet.
Also this means adding a dialog to configure the output, and a mechanism
for properties in my version, which i'm willing to do (and going to
anyway). I think we could get rid of xalan and xerces by the way.

I attached a recent version.

--
"Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday. "
 - Woody Allen

MaT|TaM (http://mattam.ath.cx)

dia-xsl.0.2.tar.gz