Re: what unicode library does dia 0.90 need?

Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org> writes:

> Le Fri, Jun 14, 2002, ā 02:09:26PM -0400, Kostas Oikonomou a écrit:
> >
> > Solaris 8 has built-in unicode support, for example iconv.h is there.
> > There is also a large number of libraries (hundreds!) in /usr/lib/iconv.  E.g.
> >

> yuckk !

That reaction show a missunderstanding, I think. You don't link to
these libraries explicitly, actually you don't have to link to any
library explicitly to get unicode support on Solaris. If you do a
conversion from latin-1 to UTF-16 the library 8859-1%UTF-16.so is
loaded dynamically. The advantage of this is that you don't have to
load conversion routines you don't need, which is particular useful
when it comes to, for example, UTF-8 to zh_CN.iso2022-CN.

--
                - Mårten

mail: msv@kth.se *** phone:  +46 (0)8 7529933
ICQ:  4356928    *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385