Re: XSLT translator

here is the thread
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2002-May/msg00228.html

also here is a stray post later on that did not get threaded

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2002-June/msg00050.html

Best of luck
Alan Horkan

For future reference (and to help the search engines)

Dia Developer Mailing List Archive
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/

Dia Website
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:17:44 +0100 (IST)
> From: Alan Horkan

> someone else recently did some very similar work and wrapped it up nicely
> to work as a plugin.  if i recall he did C++, Java and maybe something
> I dont know if is is in CVS yet.
>
> i think he was French

or maybe not,

> ill will try and find a link for you, or maybe he will respond
>
> i think it would be great if you could combine your efforts and i would
> encourage you to get this included in dia rather than split off into a
> seperate projects (but that is just my personal opinion).

> > I wrote a simple XSLT translator to transform dia files into a family
> > of java classes.  From the project homepage -- http://www.cucy.net/diax/
> >
> >     A simple XSLT stylesheet that transforms a dia UML diagram into a
> >     series of java classes.  The package transforms a UML diagram
> >     intended as a database schema ( in the style of dia2sql.pl ) into
> >     a family of java classes that implement a "Data Access Object"
> >     pattern. This includes a factory class, data access classes and
> >     data object classes.
> >
> > I was working in java, trying to implement a Data Access Object design
> > pattern.  The pattern called for a family of related classes.  I also
> > wanted to use dia to create my database schema as a UML diagram --
> > dia2code was not giving me enough options, so I wrote diax.
> >
> > I hope others will find it useful as an example of translating dia
> > diagrams using XSLT.

Silly me, there at the bottom of every mail is a link to the list
information and archives.