Re: CVS: glib-gettextize, intltool, etc.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 05:47:52PM -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:

> I haven't seen the *DIR errors before (AFAIR).  They should be defined in
> the compile command (which is by now 9 lines long:)  In particular, they
> stem from lib/Makefile.am where CPPFLAGS is defined.  Maybe your compiler
> setup doesn't include CPPFLAGS automatically?
>
> -Lars

This problem was caused by the following lines in Makefile.am:

#     charconv.c \
#     charconv.h \

CPPFLAGS = \
   $(LIBART_CFLAGS) \
   -DLIBDIR=\"$(libdir)\" \
   -DDATADIR=\"$(pkgdatadir)\"

What ended up in Makefile.in was:

#     charconv.c \
#     charconv.h \
CPPFLAGS = \
   $(LIBART_CFLAGS) \
   -DLIBDIR=\"$(libdir)\" \
   -DDATADIR=\"$(pkgdatadir)\"

And this whole thing is seen as a comment.

I removed the trailing '\' on the hashed out lines and now
the CPPFLAGS show up on the command line.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE with automake-1.5.

	-Vance