Re: CVS: glib-gettextize, intltool, etc.

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Vance Shipley wrote:

> I've been frustrated by not being able to build the CVS version
> with the tools I have installed.  I know I need to downgrade to
> the versions specified in the INSTALL file but that doesn't work
> very well for me.
>
> I hacked on it and researched it a bit to see what the issues are.
> I was able to get much further down the road by making a few changes.
> The follwing patch changes autogen.sh and configure.in so that it
> uses glib-gettextize instead of gettextize.
>
> After that I run into a problem with libtool.  I believe that problem
> is because FreeBSD isn't using the latest version of libtool so I
> patch libtool.m4 to use $host instead of $lt_target when it runs
> ltconfig.
>
> With these latest versions we no longer use the intl/ directory so I
> patch the Makefiles to remove references to intl.
>
> Now I am getting the autogen/configure step done and can start a build
> with gmake.  That however fails with:
>
> dia_dirs.c: In function `dia_get_data_directory':
> dia_dirs.c:51: `DATADIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dia_dirs.c:51: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> dia_dirs.c:51: for each function it appears in.)
> dia_dirs.c: In function `dia_get_lib_directory':
> dia_dirs.c:80: `LIBDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> I've just started looking into this.
>
> Any comments on any of this?  Am I wasting my time?

Almost:) I just did the glib-gettext changes this afternoon, it should show
up in the anoncvs overnight.  I may or may not have gotten it right, and I
certainly don't know about the FreeBSD things.
I haven't seen the *DIR errors before (AFAIR).  They should be defined in
the compile command (which is by now 9 lines long:)  In particular, they
stem from lib/Makefile.am where CPPFLAGS is defined.  Maybe your compiler
setup doesn't include CPPFLAGS automatically?