Re: OT: Window Managers for Widnows (RE: OT!!! -- Window Managers)

> > I use Dia and GIMP on Windows.  Does anyone know of a windows manager
> > that also runs on Windows?
>
> Windows does not have the concept of a "Window manager". You probably
> need to stick to some weird addon to group windows.

Yes, you do need a "wierd" add on. It's called "Multidesk" -- I've used it
for some time with no problems under Win32 systems. It really is quite
slick.

However, because it uses certain key combinations that overlap with moving
from English to other languages, it doesn't play well on systems that do
use multilanguage support (you can use it, just sometimes when you're
typing along normally suddenly it switches to another language on

Here is a page talking about just about everything but multidesk:

http://www.xdesksoftware.com/vdesk.html

Here is a page with download links for multidesk in particular:

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Search?q=multidesk&x=0

But as always, your best bet is to uninstall Win32 and install one of the
many fine Linux distros out there ;)

--
Tim Ellis
DBA, Gamet