OT!!! -- Window Managers

> > > I think that one of the problems that I have with dia is the missing
> > > concept of an application. Call me a windows user, but I dont like
> > > fighting with all these windows. I just want them to go away and get
> > > out of my way when i minimize the window!!!
>
> AIUI, an X client tells the WM what windows belong in a "Window Group".
> It's up to the WM what it does with that information.  A good WM would
> iconify them as a set.

I just tested it in Sawfish.

I went to the GNOME Control Panel, chose Window Manager's "Minimising and
Maximising" behaviour, chose "When minimising window, also minimise:
GROUP". Then I minimised Dia and all Dia windows minimised at the same
time.

So at least Sawfish implements this behaviour.

(Sawfish is the default GNOME WM, btw)

--
Tim Ellis
DBA, Gamet