Re: First offered sheet

> > I think the old ordering maked sense.
>
> I think it makes sense to have UML first, but if you dont use UML you
> might disagree.
> Perhaps if dia remembered the sheet that was last used and switched
> that on startup?

> > But perhaps  the name of last used sheet could be saved in the
> diagram
> > file ....

The environment should be saved into a file, and even associated
to the document.

Think about a UML mode,
or even an UML static structure mode, an UML use case mode and so forth
each mode presents you with the tools for the job in a fast and easy to
use fashion.

I think that one of the problems that I have with dia is the missing
concept of an application. Call me a windows user, but I dont like
fighting with all these windows. I just want them to go away and get
out of my way when i minimize the window!!!

I guess I would like to declare a document to be of a certain type,
and when we are able to associate structured meta-data to a diagram
this will be very important... Think about using a DTD/SCHEMA/Datatype
to define a document, this will allow you to insert structured
properties into some diagram elements, or even allow you to customize
them.

But you need to associate the document with a type and then use that to
guide your data entry.....

Anyway, just some random thoughts.

Mike

=====