Re: First offered sheet

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
>
> i deliberately choose to call my new sheet 'Assorted' to exploit this
> behaviour :)

Evil:)

> if my work is not entirely redundant by the time of the next release it
> would appear first.
>
>> I think the old ordering maked sense.
>
> I think it makes sense to have UML first, but if you dont use UML you
> might disagree.
> Perhaps if dia remembered the sheet that was last used and switched to
> that on startup?

Alphabetic ordering (current style)
  (pro: easy to search con: no help for personal/frequently used sheets)
Put personal sheets at top, otherwise alphabetic (v. 0.88.1 style)
  (pro: easy access to own sheets, cons: slightly confusing search, no
   help for frequently used sheets)
Auto-select the last used sheet
  (pro: simple cons: only helps for one sheet, doesn't consider diagram)
Auto-select last used sheet or sheet used in diagram
  (pro: better for loading cons: complex, only helps for one sheet)
Put selected sheets at top (MRU ordering)
  (pro: most used sheets easy to find con: list gets confusing if you use
  many sheets) (Note: Adding a sheet would put it at top)
Small cache of MRU sheets at top
  (pro: quick access to a few sheets, rest still easy to search con: no
  perfect size for cache, uses extra menu space)

I may have to look into that vote feature of bugzilla:)

> While we are asking, could the sheets be made into a tear away drop down
> menu?  Is there some other relatively easy way to open out the interface
> to the sheets?

Tear-off is now added.  It's very easy.