Re: Usubility suggestion and Rounded Rectangles in Dia

> > Aside:  Buttons in real life?  You mean actual physical buttons? :)
> >
> > If you mean other programs, I've never seen behaviour like that.  What
> > programs do that?

I dont mean programs  (although i do rember a website tutorial in PCPlus
magazine where he developed tri-state buttons)

The behaviour may not be intuative, but it is not really any less
intuitive than the current behaviour.

The main benifit i can see of the current behaviour is i that it is
consistant with the Gimp.

For most shapes the only default you can set is draw background, and
you can access these behaviours from the properties dialog after
creation.
Instead the defaults might be saved in a 'Normal.template' or something
analogous, or there might be something in the preferences dialog.

> Blender uses tri-state buttons. But it's unfortunately not an example of intuitive
> user interface :)

True, but certainly an example of a powerful interface (although it has
been suggested that more sensible default settings for things like
lighting would be very helpful in blender).

If the developers thought that tri-state buttons were a substantially
better idea than the existing system, then it might just be worth forging
a new path.  The interface used by the Gimp seems quite innovative to me
(from a Mac & Windows background), but maybe the same kind of interface
was in use by other Unix programs.

Just something to consider.

Sincerley

Alan Horkan