Re: Patch to dynamically generate AUTHORS, modifications to HACKING

On 2002-07-11 at 12:02 -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:

> > Drat. I forgot to say first time round, can AUTHORS be removed
> > from CVS please? There doesn't seem much point in keeping an
> > out-of-date version in there when it's now automatically
> > generated. Sorry to be a pest.
>
> You did mention it, and I have removed it.

Hmm, well, an anonymous _fresh_ checkout of about 10 minutes
ago (14:40 +0000) has the patch I supplied applied, but:

1. The AUTHORS file is still present.
2. There is nothing in the ChangeLog about the change (I assume
you wouldn't put my ChangeLog entry in verbatim necessarily,
but that you would merge it with others you were doing at the
same time).

Is anonymous CVS mucking me about again? I would have though
that the whole thing would be mirrored from gold CVS very
quickly, so the changes would either be all present or none
would be.

Cheers,
Andrew.

--