Re: Update of INSTALL and HACKING

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
> Just some random thoughts I came up with whilst looking through
> the Dia code again:
>
> Could I humbly propose that the INSTALL file be updated for
> 0.90 and the current CVS version, to stem the flow of people
> asking questions about installation when (e.g.) they don't have
> the right versions of libraries/tools etc. (you know, stupid
> people like me who use the wrong version of automake!). I'd
> take it on myself only I wouldn't know all the requirements, so
> I'd suggest one of the maintainers does it.

The requirements for 0.90 are listed on the webpage.  Unfortunately, we
can't really update the file in 0.90, as that release is already out.
Updating for CVS is a good idea, especially since the requirements changed
drastically.

> Also, the HACKING file could do with updating or removing. It's
> wildly out-of-date.

That would be tricky to write, but we could get some of the answers from
the mailing list in there.