Re: tranlations

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Claudia [iso-8859-1] Nölker wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:25:01 +0200
> From: "Claudia [iso-8859-1] Nölker" <claudia.noelker@e-trend.de>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: tranlations
>
> >From Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> on Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 12:16:41PM +0100
> >
> > from the change log
> [...]
> > > +	Done the integration job of Alan's shapes. (Translators: have fun!)
> >
> > i speak a little french and german, and am willing to change to names of
> > the shapes or help figure out a translation that makes sense in
> > context even if it is different from the English if anyone considers them to have been badly
> > chosen i did not really think about it, i figure most of the things like Pentagon and
> > Hexagon do not need much translation.  I decided not to use words like
> > Pentagram instead used 5 point star.
>
> Hi,
>
> my mothertongue is German, so I can take over the German translations. If
> you are going to integrate them, I will send them to you. Is this ok?
>
> Claudia

No thank you. I will leave integration to those with commit access.

Please send them to the list (or put the pot file on a web page and send a
link)

I thought from Cyrille saying "have fun!" he was suggesting that the names
would be difficult to translate.  I was offering to change the English
names to something better if it would make them easier to translate.

Hope i explained better this time

Sincerely
Alan Horkan