Re: working progress for UTF-8

Le ven, jan 18, 2002, à 04:59:07 +0900, Akira TAGOH a écrit:

> Right now how far has UTF-8 support completed?
> the latest release can't handle CJK strings at least. core
> of this problem will be fixed by using wchar instead of
> char, but if you plan GNOME2 port, it probably will be
> needed only another works. so that I'm interested it for
> Dia. if anyone conflicts this work, I will help you about
> that.

The plan is not to go towards wchar, but to use UTF-8 instead. The work is
halfway completed, but halted since mid-August, for lack of time. If you
want to pick up the work and finish, you are more than welcome to do so
(I'll give you the details on what needs to be done). Completing UTF-8
support will be beneficial not only to the GNOME2 goal, but also to the
current Windows and GNOME/GTK1 builds.

Grumpf.