working progress for UTF-8

Hi,

Right now how far has UTF-8 support completed?
the latest release can't handle CJK strings at least. core
of this problem will be fixed by using wchar instead of
char, but if you plan GNOME2 port, it probably will be
needed only another works. so that I'm interested it for
Dia. if anyone conflicts this work, I will help you about
that.

Thanks,
--
Akira TAGOH  : tagoh@gnome.gr.jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group