Re: Structuring DIA sheets

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, ed hunter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:51:56AM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
>> Not sure about what to call the sheet 'Directonal Map' is kinda crap,
>> and I dont want to call it 3D as that would push my Assorted sheet from
>> being shown first ;)
>
> Isometric map symbols :-)
>
> BTW, speaking of names, there should be (if there is not already)
> a standard style for naming sheets and shapes. It really looks strange
> if shapes on one sheet are named as "Shape Name", on another "Shape name"
> and on yet another "A Shape Name".

Good point.  Some guidelines for object creation would be useful.  Alan,
have you started anything in that direction?

> I suggest naming all shapes as "Shape name", i.e. no article and only
> first word capitalized, with an exception of abbreviations

The Civil sheet is particularly messy, and provides examples of just about
every kind.  I kinda like having the "a[n]" there, but there are cases
where it's grammatically wrong to do so: "A soil"?  The names look
... naked without the pronoun, though.