Re: [Mingw-users] Re: [gimpwin-dev] glib under mingw32 debian cross compiler, problem with windres : gmodule-win32res.lo: file not recognized: File format not recognized

--- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 04:03:28PM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> >porting effort, but a stable port should use MinGW]

> -mno-cygwin to make it work reliably, then use MinGW.

I have a great deal of respect for cygwin, and use it every day at
work.
The amount of packages for it great.

For me, the only reason why I am using mingw, is because it is hosted
under linux. Like many of you, I dont have windows at home, and would
never fork out the cash for a legal copy of the MSVC compilier.

That is why I am so excited that the mingw is coming along nicely.

I hope to find portability throught all the incarnations of the gcc
toolchain.
It is interesting how autoconf, automake, m4 and perl play such a large
role in the build process. I long to convert all of this into some perl
runtime, at least something that can be debugged.

m4 to perl translator? introspector::m4, inline::m4?

hmmm, have to look into the implementation. At least the .configure
script should be a debuggable object. Perl would fit in somehow.

mike
Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont