Re: [OT]: PS --> PDF converter

> Personally I'd
> suggest that if PDF output were to be added, that dia put it
> through ps2pdf or something instead of doing it itself. Mind
> you, I've never found any PS to PDF converter entirely
> satisfactory.

I guess I've found ImageMagick to be less than entirely satisfactory, too,
but it does a pretty good job. Only two issues I have:

1. It doesn't seem to deal with non-USLetter sized images, even though one
of the options you pass to it deals with non-USLetter sized images
(?!?!?!). So despite the fact that I might pass "-imageformat A4" it still
converts it as USLetter and crops off everything that extends outside
those borders. This *MIGHT* be only me... but I doubt it.

2. It doesn't seem to deal with landscape/portrait orientation. Even
though the output.ps is right-side-up (as a landscape orientation), the
resultant PDF is always sideways (ie: portrait orientation).

If Dia were to attempt to incorporate an output-as-PDF function, looking
at the ImageMagick "convert" command might be a good place to start.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect