SHUT UP! Re: WIN32 compilation, the spirit of GNU software.

To everyone but JMD: please accept my apologies for being rude, but this was
the excess drop.

Le Thu, Aug 22, 2002, à 08:59:47AM -0700, James Michael DuPont a écrit:

> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites
> Can I put the binaries on my Internet server and put the source on a
> different Internet site? --- NO you cannot

Then, sue [*], or shut up.

In fact, the problem is moot: there is no binary distribution anymore.

[snip the rest of perhaps right stuff but definitely NOT said the right way]

Do you really want to permanently cancel the Win32 distribution? If yes,
continue.

	-- Cyrille

[*] assuming you hold the copyright on a bit of the work in question. I don't
think it is the case:
muscat%find . -type f | grep -i "copyright" | grep -i "dupont"
muscat%

which basically leaves you the second option.
--
Grumpf.