Re: CVS and uncompressed Dia files? (RE: Is there a more stable version than 0.88.1?)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 Lars Clausen wrote:
> Dia prints the XML rather prettily:
>> > order is moved to the end.
>>
>> I believe the ordering in the file is defined by the ordering in the
> layer,
>> so it's somewhat stable.
>
> I also believe the ordering in the file depends quite a lot on the
> layers:  objects in the first layer recieve first numbers, and so on,
> objects in last layer, receive last numbers.
>
> But you can change the order for the layers (from the layers dialog
> box), so I would not say the ordering for objects is stable.

The layers are explicit in the file:

  <dia:layer name="Background" visible="true">
    <dia:object type="SADT - arrow" version="0" id="O0">
      <dia:attribute name="obj_pos">
        <dia:point val="25,-8.5"/>
      </dia:attribute>

> By the way: When I only change the ordering for layers, there is no
> warning about modified diagram, but if we save the diagram, the file
> will be modified. (Well, for my work, this ordering is not important,
> neither the ordering of objects)

That is certainly a bug.