Is there a more stable version than 0.88.1?

Hi,

I'm using dia 0.88.1 and find that it keeps crashing on me and I lose
all my work. Its very frustrating, and seems to happen regularly. Dia
even crashes sometimes when I open a file.

I'm using UML shapes. This didn't happen when I was using ER shapes.

Also, when I copy multiple objects, I get the following error:

"Error? trying to connect a non connectable handle. Check this out..."

The home page says 0.88.1 is the latest stable version, released
2001-05-20.

Thats ages ago!

Is anyone actually maintaining this project?

Is the cvs version any better?

Regards,
Dominic.