Re: Is there a more stable version than 0.88.1?

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

>> > many, many hours of work. Shame.
>> > If only the dia save format was XML - I could have done it
>> > with a script or something. Are there any plans to change the dia save
>> format?
>
> compressed by default, to borrow from Cyrille:
> Grumpf!
>
> (please let's agree to disagree and not rehash the arguements had on just
> about every project that uses some form of text + standard compression
> algorithm, and read on to the end before you flame me)
>
>> Dia's default format is compressed XML (Gzip, I think).  But the
>> compression can be turned off.  On the user interface page of the
>> preferences dialog, toggle "Compress saved files" to "no".  Save your
>> imported v0.88.1 files, then edit them as necessary.
>
> Definately gzip compression.
>
> Was the idea of having two different file types such as .dia and .zdia
> (or .gzdia or .gzd etc.) ever discussed?

No, I don't remember it being discussed.  That may be a good idea.  Or it
may be confusing to have two extensions for the same content.

> [Disclaimer: Not volunteering]
> Any plans to change to zip in the future?
> http://zipios.sourceforge.net/

See Cyrilles reply.

Whether to compress or not should really be selectable in the save dialog.
That way everybody knows about compression, too.