Re: RE: Is there a more stable version than 0.88.1?

Le Mon, Apr 29, 2002, à 01:08:25PM +0100, Alan Horkan a écrit:

> [Disclaimer: Not volunteering]
> Any plans to change to zip in the future?
> http://zipios.sourceforge.net/
>
> Zip archives allow for parts of the file to be compress and other bit not
> to be compressed.

gzip encoding is a standard XML encoding, and well-understood by the XMLlib.
Zip is not. What's the problem, anyways ? Three people a year who don't read
the FAQ and complain about our own "binary" format (and not even bothered to
run file(1) on the file ??)

Grumpf.