Re: dia-shape-ns

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:

> Sorry if these questions have been answered -- I'm new here, and
> haven't seen them answered in the archive.
>
> 1.  I'm wondering if the name space definition from the dtd's found in
> the doc directory of the distribution exist somewhere?  It is currently
> coded as "http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns" which is not
> accessible.

I should love to see that as well.

> 2.  Could someone comment on the differences in svg files used by
> and exported by dia versus the W3C draft?  I would like to try building
> a set of custom shapes but would like to build/validate them against a
> DTD
> or schema in XML-spy to make sure they are kosher.  Articles elsewhere
> in
> the archive seem to imply that dia accepts a subset of svg, but what
> subset?  (Again, I apologize if this has been answered.  Perhaps it
> is a candidate for the FAQ or the documentation.)

It's not formally defined, but it's described in the doc subdirectory of
the sources.

> 3.  In my trip through the list archive, I noticed several queries about
> Visio interchangeability.  This posting might be interesting to some:
> http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2001-05-05-b.html
(snip)

Yes, I've seen the XML def for it, and it's *huge*.  It'd be lovely to have
some intergration with that (though I still think it's be more valuable to
have a Visio<->Dia conversion server based on COM).

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne