Re: dia-shape-ns

On 6 Sep 2001, Lars Clausen wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:
>
> > Sorry if these questions have been answered -- I'm new here, and
> > haven't seen them answered in the archive.
> >
> > 1.  I'm wondering if the name space definition from the dtd's found in
> > the doc directory of the distribution exist somewhere?  It is currently
> > coded as "http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns" which is not
> > accessible.
>
> I should love to see that as well.

namespace URIs are not meant to be resolved.  They are just required
to be unique identifiers for a particular XML grammar.  It is highly
unlikely someone else would use that URI :)

> > 2.  Could someone comment on the differences in svg files used by
> > and exported by dia versus the W3C draft?  I would like to try building
> > a set of custom shapes but would like to build/validate them against a
> > DTD
> > or schema in XML-spy to make sure they are kosher.  Articles elsewhere
> > in
> > the archive seem to imply that dia accepts a subset of svg, but what
> > subset?  (Again, I apologize if this has been answered.  Perhaps it
> > is a candidate for the FAQ or the documentation.)
>
> It's not formally defined, but it's described in the doc subdirectory of
> the sources.

There is a dtd for shape files in the doc/ directory as well (shape.dtd).
I haven't tested it much, but it gives a formal specification of what dia
supports.  The doc/custom-shapes file gives more detailed documentation
about writing shape files.

James.