RE: Newbie: Lost my fit-to-page lines??

Well,

I don't mind pushing a bit - becuase overall - dia looks pretty good.

So I took your automake stuff and nuked the symlinks with the revs you
sent and retried the build.  Which worked much better but did eventally
error out with something like the following...((actually this stuff is
below)

living on the edge I gave app/run_dia.sh a go and dia fired up.  And
loaded one of diagrams (call it 'A') and that looked/worked/printed
fine.  The other diagram ('B') had the same problems as with 88.1.  For
kicks I loaded A back in 88.1 and that appears/works/prints fine ; but B
misbehaves in both 88.1 and 89.0.

I am thinking something is strange with the dia file.   Haven't
spelunked in the XML yet...but may try that (I kinda want the B diagram
enuff to try this).  I will note that the 'virtual canvas' with diagram
B looks funny - by this I mean, the rulers seem to have negative
coordinates and the whole canvas is HURGE.  The A diagram still has
negative ruler coordinates but the canvas seems smaller.

Any further help/hints?  BTW: with the compile 89.0 rev, I don't have
any cools stuff like the network objects etc on my tool bar palete...

Thanks for your help.

-Fred

----build messages------

0 translated messages, 350 fuzzy translations, 266 untranslated
messages.
file=./`echo zh_CN | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt --statistics -o $file zh_CN.po
580 translated messages, 145 fuzzy translations, 431 untranslated
messages.
file=./`echo zh_TW | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
  && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt --statistics -o $file zh_TW.po
zh_TW.po:1911: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:1915: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:1919: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:1945: end-of-line within string
zh_TW.po:2034: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:2710: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:2890: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:3590: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:4121: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:4274: illegal control sequence
zh_TW.po:4904: illegal control sequence
found 11 fatal errors
make[2]: *** [zh_TW.gmo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/dia/dia-cvs-snapshot/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/dia/dia-cvs-snapshot'
make: *** [all] Error 2