Crash when opening file

Hello everybody,
I have a diagram that I've been working on and slowly adding things to
for the past week.  So far I have been very happy with Dia. Today, when
I went to open the file, Dia segfaulted.  I've tried just starting Dia
and then opening the file from the menu and just opening it from the
command line.  Neither works.  When opening from the command line I get
the message "Gdk-ERROR: undefined font type".  I'm using Dia 0.88.1 as
packaged for Debian 2.2_r3 from Ximian.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
--
                                                 _
Richard Wallace                        /\       | |  /\          /|