RE: Crash when opening file

> Richard Wallace [mailto:rwallace@a--i--m.com] wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
> I have a diagram that I've been working on and slowly adding things to
> for the past week.  So far I have been very happy with Dia.
> Today, when
> I went to open the file, Dia segfaulted.  I've tried just starting Dia
> and then opening the file from the menu and just opening it from the
> command line.  Neither works.  When opening from the command
> line I get
> the message "Gdk-ERROR: undefined font type".  I'm using Dia 0.88.1 as
> packaged for Debian 2.2_r3 from Ximian.

Nasty - may I suggest trying the test version 0.89 (I don't think it's a
release version, but it has many improvements) or the current CVS version
(Snapshots available at http://www.crans.org/~chepelov/dia/snapshots if you
like).

If this doesn't work, can you send the file to the list??

You could also take a look at the XML (which the file is constructed as). To
do this you'll probably need to decompress it, unless you saved it
uncompressed. I don't know how to do this if you can't load it into dia -
anyone else??

I've fixed files in the past by removing/editing corrupt XML, and it can
give us a better idea of where the error in dia is.

Good luck!

Rob.