RE: features

thanks for the reply, very informative.

>The filling options are limited because Dia isn't a vector drawing
program,
>it's a diagramming program.  For a vector drawing program, try Sketch
><URL:http://sketch.sourceforge.net/> or Gyve
<URL:http://www.gyve.org/>.

Despite the end purposes being different, there does seem to be quite a
bit
of overlap between vector drawing and diagramming. I really like the way
that Dia handles building diagrams that contain data (UML, ER diagrams)
as well as presentation. Plus the application is alot more polished and
stable than the vector drawing programs ive tried.

If there were a single application with the best features of both Dia
and the vector drawing apps, that would be perfect.

thanks again, Ill take a look at gyve.