Re: Diagram tree window

Hans Breuer <hans@breuer.org> writes:

> At 02:00 02.11.01 +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
> >Hans Breuer <hans@breuer.org> writes:

> I think so. AFAIK gnome cvs is mirrored to four servers under the
> name anoncvs.gnome.org. A least one of them had _very_
> noticeable delay in the time I worked with them ...

it's ok now. i've updated my cvs tree, compiled and tested it, and the
diagram tree seems to work without problems.

> >i agree... i'll work on this... maybe we could have a tab for the
> >diagram tree configuration options in the properties dialog (i would
> >add the initial size of the window too)...
> >
> An own page for sounds reasonable to me. Though for window sizes it
> would probably be better to impement some kind of generic SessionInfo
> handling like The Gimp does. There are more top level windows which
> would benefit from 'remember where placed last time'.

i'm not familiar with the gimp source code: i propose to add a simple
window size property by now... if i find the time, i could take a look
at the SessionInfo thing later...

> I recently have worked on diagrams too huge to have readable class
> names when showing all. There some other selection ui would have
> been rather useful ...

i see. i'll try to hack the multiple selection then :-)

> >> - I'm not sure if the gdk_window_raise should really be done when
> >>   clicking around in the tree, instead the tree window could keep the
> >>   focus
> >
> >well, i had the idea of this tree thing because i usually have a lot
> >of open diagrams, and wanted to quickly locate any of them and bring
> >it to the foreground, but i agree that loosing the focus can be
> >annoying... we can fix this in (at least) two ways: either call
> >gdk_window_raise both for the diagram window and, afterwards, for the
> >diagram tree window (and you have the diagram on the foreground and
> >don't miss the focus), or raise the selected diagram only if you
> >double click on its node (and, btw, double clicking an object node
> >could pop up its properties window): what do you think?
> >
> The latter option(s) are more appealing to me (don't mess around
> with focus until explicit being told to do so). As you already
> sayed there are more operations which are nice to have while
> operating with the tree. What about a context menu for tree nodes
> which offers:
>  - Locate (i.e. select)
>  - Properties
>  - Delete ?
>  - ... (more to come)

i agree: double click to raise, then. the context menu is already on
the works: a "hide objects of this type" command could also be
useful. for the diagram nodes, we'll have "sort" and "locate", and
maybe "close diagram"?

regards,

jao