Problem in running Dia

Hi everybody;
I downloaded and installed 'Dia 0.88' today. When I
try to run it, I encountered the following error.

** warning **: Could not create Per-user Dia config
directory.
GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: Line 160:
assertion 'string1 !=NULL' failed

Would you please tell me what's wrong and what can I
do about it?

Thank you very much.
Siamak Moussavian

=====