Re: Scaling in LaTeX

On 15 Jun 2001, Benoit Pelletier wrote:

> I tried both and it works.  I was a bit surprised that #1 worked, I
> thought \include was like concatenating the file at the point of
> insertion.  It turns out that we should use \input instead.

Right. \include is not a simple \input.

> The problem I have now is with the bounding box and the equations.  The
> equations can be quite long and the bounding box is chosen as to fit the
> equation command text and not the actual equation.

I must say I do not really understand this problem.
Please send me the sample dia file.

> Furthermore, it seems that there is a problem with equation and fonts in
> general; they are way too small on the graphic.

This is indeed true. This is exactly the same problem which
was noted by Kostas a few days ago.

The reason is the set_font function in pstricks output plug-in is
not yet implemented. I wanted to do it in an elegant way
and I simply did not know how and had no time to investigate that
so I left \setfont macro in the exported code.

If you know how to match font names and sizes in TeX, let me know
or write set_font function yourself (Kostas is also looking into it).

Best Regards,

Jacek

P.S. Currently I am in Italy so my response may not be immediate.

--
email:Jacek.Pliszka@fuw.edu.pl http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~pliszka
work:+48225532303 fax: +48226219475 cell/SMS:+48606788528