Re: Scaling in LaTeX

Hi,

> 1.  Check if that works under \include, i.e. whe you
> insert the \resibox command into the myfile.
> 2. In TeX export I use:
>    \scalebox{1 -1}{}
>    which does work and you may treat as temporary solution.

I tried both and it works.  I was a bit surprised that #1 worked, I
thought \include was like concatenating the file at the point of
insertion.  It turns out that we should use \input instead.

The scalebox thing also worked but this is a given since it is actually
used internally by Dia.

The problem I have now is with the bounding box and the equations.  The
equations can be quite long and the bounding box is chosen as to fit the
equation command text and not the actual equation.

Furthermore, it seems that there is a problem with equation and fonts in
general; they are way too small on the graphic. I use the following
LaTeX code:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{pstricks}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
\begin{center}
\resizebox{5in}{!}{\input{equation_ps}}
\end{center}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

and then dvips -o equation_ps.ps equation_ps.dvi.

If you want I can send you the .dia file so you can see for yourself
what I mean.

Thanks again,
Benoit P.

--
Benoit Pelletier,
Telecommunications and Signal Processing Laboratory