Re: dia file exchange

On Fri, 08 Jun 2001, Rick Jafrate wrote:

> Viso can export to DXF, VML, and others.  I know that VML is a
> microsoftism but it's an XML extension
> and is therefore in human readable form.  I haven't worked with VML but
> have read what it is
> supposed to be.  Would it make more sense to focus on being compatible
> with a file format
> other than VISO native ?

It helps somewhat.  At least then if you have a working Visio and want to
change, you can translate them that way.  We already have DXF support, I'd
be curious to hear how well it imports Visio's DXF.  The problem with using
another format is that you lose a lot of information that way.  The diagram
will looks the same, but it'll be harder to work with.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne